per·i·pa·tet·ic
ˌperēpəˈtedik/
adjective
  1. 1.
    traveling from place to place, especially working or based in various places for relatively short periods.
    "the peripatetic nature of military life"
    synonyms:nomadic, itinerant, traveling, wandering, roving, roaming, migrant,migratory, unsettled
    "I could never get used to her peripatetic lifestyle"
  2. 2.
    Aristotelian.
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who travels from place to place.
  2. 2.
    an Aristotelian philosopher.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

2016: Time For Another Presidential Election and #Trump-Pence-A-Bag!

Feed the Birds! #Trump-Pence-A-Bag

Please excuse my poor attempt at artwork. I just can't help myself, what with the presidential election coming up in just a few more months. I used to think that presidential candidates (or even presidents) should be models of dignity and decorum, great statesmen or women, not so eager to be making asses of themselves or careless with sensitive, classified information. There must have been one or two of them in the not-so-distant past.

Well, I guess too many sitcoms, talk shows, and silly game shows, not to mention reality television, have dulled our nation's sense and sensibility to the point that we think it doesn't matter who is leading this country anymore. It could be that this country's moral compass has been tampered with to the point that we don't know or care what's right or wrong. Scientists will probably tell us that sunspots have messed it up or that the tilt of the earth is just a wee bit off and so are we.

Maybe it's just me that's a wee bit off. For some reason, I can't summon up any enthusiasm for this year's presidential election. But at least I can find some humor in it. I hope you do too.


9 comments:

  1. Hi W2W - I too wish we'd have leaders - who could be listened to ... I think we've got lucky with our new Prime Minister ... lies and sound bites don't help at all - and other things - not a good time .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Hilary, I'm glad you find your new PM so far to be competent. I hope she leads your country well. I'm not too confident that we will have such an outcome after this election, but I remain somewhat hopeful. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Dear Walk-to-Write, normally I keep away from commenting on politics on a blog - especially politics of other countries. But one cannot feel not surprised to see how far Mr. Trump is now.
    The disturbing thing is, that in so many countries (mine included) a lot of people say things now that they wouldn't have dared to say 10 years ago. Fear is not a good advisor. "Sense and Sensibility" is what I long for too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Britta, I am not afraid of politics. I guess it's the American hubris bred in me to fear nothing but fear itself. So it's really not surprising that Mr. Trump has succeeded thus far. I think people here and everywhere are sick and tired of polite discourse that gets them nowhere while evil triumphs. But then, what is evil?

      Delete
  3. Nice to see you again..I was looking at my old Twitter feed and saw you posting again...this political season... Make America Nice Again please....Michelle from ramblingwoods.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Michelle! Great to see you commenting here again. Oh, if only we could make American nice. It is a Herculean task indeed.

      Delete
  4. It's a matter of degree and Trump fails the test big time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New 2017 to you....It will be a long year in Trump World....very long.. I hope you are OK... please let me know... Michelle...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, your predictions about Trump were accurate --so were mine. I do not credit myself with prescience, but writing here --a year and a half in the future of your excellent post-- causes me to wonder why and how the rest of the country let this happen. My candidate won the popular vote. She won. I now favor the abolition of the Electoral College. Where to begin?

    ReplyDelete