per·i·pa·tet·ic
ˌperēpəˈtedik/
adjective
  1. 1.
    traveling from place to place, especially working or based in various places for relatively short periods.
    "the peripatetic nature of military life"
    synonyms:nomadic, itinerant, traveling, wandering, roving, roaming, migrant,migratory, unsettled
    "I could never get used to her peripatetic lifestyle"
  2. 2.
    Aristotelian.
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who travels from place to place.
  2. 2.
    an Aristotelian philosopher.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Coaxing Old Gardening and Blogging Habits and Marketing My Tonico Jardin


"Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man but coaxed downstairs a step at a time." (from Mark Twain's Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar)

As you can see, I've been coaxing my gardening habit since we moved back to Southern Illinois. Old habits die hard and so do (I hope!) old gardeners (and bloggers?). This one anyway is still alive and kicking.


I wonder if the Echinacea I've planted in my garden is adding years to my life? 


Or could it be the Salvia?


Perhaps it's the Bee Balm?


If there were a way to bottle and market this Tonico Jardin I've coaxed here, I would be a wealthy woman... 


...or perhaps I am one already.

7 comments:

  1. Good to see you posting again, W2W, and to see your garden thriving! I'm pretty sure I've read research studies that gardening adds years to your life:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose. I started with a small veggie garden last year and expanded it this spring. It will probably remain the current size because expanding it even more would probably have the opposite effect on my longevity. I've added quite a few perennials and herbs here and there throughout just in case the veggies were a flop so at least there's something pretty to look at and smell. Echinacea and lavender have done very well for me here.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, W2W! It's nice to see you blogging again. Your flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Glad to be back to blogging and gardening again. Actually, the gardening never stopped. It never does! Winter is dreaming/virtual gardening time.

      Delete
  3. Hey! There you are! Thanks for popping in at my blog today, giving me that nudge to check in with you! Loved seeing your flower pics. I really miss gardening. The environment I'm in now is just to rough. I gave up! I have a few hardies, though, that bring me pleasure, still. It's nice that they bloom consecutively, so there is always color somewhere! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Karen. It's been nice to check up on blogging buddies. I had really been missing you guys and gals. As for gardening, any little ol' flower, herb, or veggie in the ground or a pot is a beauty to behold as far as I'm concerned. I just don't get it when there's no landscaping around a home. A plain old lawn just don't cut it.

      I'm glad I could brighten your day a little. Blessings!

      Delete
  4. Let me add another wish you do come back soon.

    ReplyDelete