per·i·pa·tet·ic
ˌperēpəˈtedik/
adjective
  1. 1.
    traveling from place to place, especially working or based in various places for relatively short periods.
    "the peripatetic nature of military life"
    synonyms:nomadic, itinerant, traveling, wandering, roving, roaming, migrant,migratory, unsettled
    "I could never get used to her peripatetic lifestyle"
  2. 2.
    Aristotelian.
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who travels from place to place.
  2. 2.
    an Aristotelian philosopher.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Here is another picture of our backyard in Florida. As you can see, I have a lot of work to do on landscaping. So far, I've been concentrating on flower beds close to the house and the pool because they are easier to water. We have an acre and no irrigation system (yet), so as you can imagine, it is quite a chore to water everything when rain is scarce. The crape myrtle you see just beyond the pool enclosure was planted by the previous owners. It's a little temperamental in the summer, getting some kind of lichen growing on the bark. A couple of years ago, it began to lose its leaves during the middle of summer, and I thought it was a goner. I mixed up a batch of essential oils including lavender, lemongrass, melaleuca, and a blend of oils called Thieves in a spray bottle with water and doused the whole tree. After a few days, whatever fungus was attacking it disappeared, and the tree recovered. Now if I could just find something that would discourage the fire ants which constantly plague us!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your commenting on it. I' m sorry that I don' t have enough time to write to you in a better English but you read my time problems. Anyway I come to scroll in your blog a little time. 2 acre, wow, I live a 190 qm garden! It can bee that Neem oil would help you against the fire ants. It's only an idea but I wanted to tell you.
    Have a good time. Wurzerl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome. I have told my mother (who is 78 years old and does not use a computer) about starting my blog and being able to read and comment on other blogs, even from Germany. She is interested in reading some of your blog when she can get access to a computer. She is originally from northern Germany near Hamburg. I apologize for not commenting in German, but I have been lazy for many years about keeping up with the language. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete