per·i·pa·tet·ic
ˌperēpəˈtedik/
adjective
  1. 1.
    traveling from place to place, especially working or based in various places for relatively short periods.
    "the peripatetic nature of military life"
    synonyms:nomadic, itinerant, traveling, wandering, roving, roaming, migrant,migratory, unsettled
    "I could never get used to her peripatetic lifestyle"
  2. 2.
    Aristotelian.
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who travels from place to place.
  2. 2.
    an Aristotelian philosopher.

Monday, April 14, 2008



Since I helped out at the no-kill, local animal shelter yesterday (http://marionrhs.org/), I thought I would post pictures of my kitties in Florida. We started volunteering at the shelter on Sundays because I needed a "cat fix" and we wanted an alternative to attending church service. There aren't too many places around here open on Sundays to accommodate volunteers. We can't have a cat here in Illinois for the simple fact that we are living temporarily in an apartment generously provided free-of-charge by my husband's employer. Besides, two cats already stretch the limits of my husband's patience with vet bills and cat mischief. Both of our cats, Miss Kitty and Peanut (actually our daughter's cat), were strays. We got Miss Kitty from another shelter in Illinois back in 1992, and Sarah found the kitten Peanut a year ago living beneath the building where she worked as a massage therapist. I can't show you a photo of both cats together because Miss Kitty cannot abide being close to the young'un long enough for me to take a picture. I'm glad that Peanut came into our life, rascal though she is. She keeps Miss Kitty in good condition for her age and feisty enough to chase after her.

No comments:

Post a Comment