per·i·pa·tet·ic
ˌperēpəˈtedik/
adjective
  1. 1.
    traveling from place to place, especially working or based in various places for relatively short periods.
    "the peripatetic nature of military life"
    synonyms:nomadic, itinerant, traveling, wandering, roving, roaming, migrant,migratory, unsettled
    "I could never get used to her peripatetic lifestyle"
  2. 2.
    Aristotelian.
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who travels from place to place.
  2. 2.
    an Aristotelian philosopher.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What Our House in Florida Looks Like




Although it might seem from my previous blogs that I live in Florida right now, I don't. We moved to Illinois in December so my husband could begin a new job. I really am not fond of Illinois anymore after having lived in the Sunshine State for a number of years, but I am willing to become a part-time resident (hopefully in the summer). That scenario is only likely if my husband's employer agrees for him to work part-time in Florida and in Illinois. After I become a licensed massage therapist, I suppose that I will seek licensure in both states and try to practice in both. If (and I emphasize if) things work out the way we hope (and God wills), I can enjoy the best of both worlds. Southern Illinois really is beautiful in the spring and autumn when all of the trees are strutting their blooms and then colors. Still, Florida brings a smile to my face everytime I get to return there. The people seem happier (no disrespect intended to the folks in SI), at least when there are no hurricanes imminent or recent, and the winter weather is fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment